In 2013, Napa Valley CanDo, the vibrant community service nonprofit that helped rid Napa of single-use plastic bags, works diligently to keep our rivers and creeks clear, and grows fresh, local produce for the Napa Food Bank, introduced another project: the Napa Valley Give!Guide.
The Give!Guide is a perfect fit for the approaching holiday season. It seeks to inspire a community of givers. Whether you’re a young or first time donor, or someone of any age who may not yet see yourself as being in a position to give, Napa Valley CanDo’s Give!Guide is for you.
WHAT ARE THE Give!Guide’S GOALS?
The goals are simple: 1) To raise awareness and funds to support the exceptional work of a select group of small, medium and large local nonprofits serving Napa County residents, and 2) to encourage collaboration among these amazing nonprofit organizations.
HOW ARE THEY DOING? In 2013 the Guide helped raise $106,000 with this end of year campaign. In 2014, that rose to an astonishing $235,000. This is a truly collaborative venture, with all the local nonprofits pitching in to extend their reach and support one another.
WHEN DOES IT TAKE PLACE? From November 1 through midnight, December 31, CanDo will gladly accept your donations on-line or with a check. Donations begin at $10. A real-time ticker on the Give!Guide website helps everyone keep track of how each nonprofit is doing, moment by moment.
By the way, a kick-off gathering, free and open to the public, takes place on November 4 in the Paul Ash lobby of the Napa Valley College Performing Arts building, 5:30-7:30PM. You’re cordially invited to join in this celebration of community spirit in action.
How Does It Work? CanDo’s Give!Guide format makes giving a snap.
• Watch for your November edition of Marketplace Magazine. Inside will be a bright orange pull-out catalog. It’s your personal copy of CanDo’s 2015 Napa Valley Give!Guide. Need more copies for a classroom or social group? Email
CanDo at CanDoGiveGuide@gmail.com or call 252.7743.
• November 1, the website is launched. NapaValleyGiveGuide.org features brief profiles of each nonprofit with links to learn more about them.
You make a choice. You make a difference. The Give!Guide makes it easy.
• You can donate to one or multiple NPOs and you may vary the amount you give to each. You may also honor friends and family with your donations. When you’re ready to give on-line, there’s a single charge to your credit card. If you prefer, you may donate with a check using the tear-out sheet in the catalog.
• With the exception of usual credit card fees, every penny goes to the nonprofits you’ve selected. Napa Valley CanDo takes no fee.
• All donations are tax deductible.
• Incentives valued at $100 or more are offered every day to further sweeten the deal. Individual nonprofits may also offer incentives. See the website for details. Facebook keeps you up to speed, too:
2015 Give!Guide Nonprofits
Sunrise Horse Rescue
Wildlife Rescue Center of Napa County
Wine Country Animal Lovers
ARTS & CULTURE
Napa Valley Museum
Suscol Intertribal Council
Church Women United Clothing Center
Habitat for Humanity
Napa Circles Initiative
Napa County Bicycle Coalition
Napa Valley Community Housing
On The Move: VOICES
Community Resources for Children
Girls on the Run Napa & Solano
Napa Valley Education Foundation
Napa Valley Nursery School
Napa County Resource Conservation District
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Aldea Children & Family Services
of Napa Valley (CANV)
Cope Family Center
Moving Forward Towards Independence
Napa Valley Hospice & Adult Day Services
NRRC | Napa Recovery Resource Center
The Pathway Home
YOUTH & SENIORS
Big Brother Big Sisters of the North Bay
Boys & Girls Clubs of Napa Valley
Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Helena and Calistoga
Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind
Foster Kids Fund
Girl Scouts – Upper Valley Service Unit
Loving Animals Providing Smiles
Molly’s Angels of Napa County
Napa CASA, A Voice for Children